The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through www.conveymoving.com will be under responsibility of Conveymoving, whose registered address is (International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR, email@example.com, Tel: 03301246549). and for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 are the “Data Controllers”.
When you get a quote, you will be sent a confirmation of the quote by e-mail so that you can easily access the quote in future, and you have this in writing. This is part of the service we provide to all our customer and by using the service you agree to receive such communications. Taking out new policies and signing new contracts can be confusing so it fo choose not to switch online, you will have a telephone number which you can call to discuss the quote further and for any assistance you may need to make the correct choice for the product which is right for you. If you are happy with all the information you receive online then you can proceed without calling us. In these circumstances we process your data under legitimate interest. If you have requested quotes for conveyancing, surveying or removals, we will call you if we require more information and to provide you with quotes.
We use legitimate interest to process your data for telephone calls as you have shown desire to a product or service but have not selected the product/service for a particular reason and by calling, this could solve the issue and help you select the right product/service for you.
What type of information do we gather?
The information we learn from users helps personalize and continually improve your experience at Conveymoving and provide you with the quotes you require. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: You make available personal information when you use our website to request a quote for the services our partners provide. You may provide us with further information when you read, watch, post, share the content, open an account, and register as a user, use the services, or communicate with us. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
- Full name or Business name
- Telephone number, mobile number, and email address
- Correspondence Address
- Sale or purchase property address
- IP address
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through our website or online presence such as ‘cookies’ or other information you provide for our services.
Conveymoving will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
Who do we share your details with?
When you use any of the service, we offer the following companies are involved in either facilitating a quote or contacting you after you have submitted your details:
Love Energy Saving – On behalf of Convey moving, Love energy savings provides business energy comparison service.
Optimus, a subsidiary of Landmark information Group – On behalf of Convey moving, Optimus information group provides Surveys and conveyancing.
Carefully selected solicitors and conveyancer who will take on your instruction for conveyancing.
If you proceed with any of the broadband, phone or TV quotes on our website, you will be directed to the website of the provider you have selected e.g. if you choose Sky broadband, you will be directed to Sky were you would have to read their terms & conditions
How we use or share your information?
Information provided by our customers is an important part of our business. We use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current website and to provide you with a quote on behalf our service providers. In accordance with the GDPR rules we process your data under the ‘legitimate interest’ basis so that we can ensure our service is provided to you in the best possible form and in accordance with your request.
The service providers will use the information you have supplied to contact you to discuss the quote, provided by our website.
We also use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Providing you with the quotes requested and contact you to remind you to view or retrieve a quote.
- Respond to users’ comments or questions via email or telephone.
- Communicate with users, mainly via email, about upcoming special offers, products, or services from third party companies who work with Conveymoving. Your email address will not be passed to the linked third party for quotes of such offers, unless you respond to our email showing interest in the offer, product or service being marketed.
- To generate leads and provide our leads conversion service.
- Newsletters based on the service and information you have requested.
- Communicate with you to ask for feedback on our service and feedback on the service provided by the companies we provide quotes for.
- Improve, operate, and maintain our website and services. The anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers is used primarily to help us administer and improve the website. This information does not personally identify you.
- Understand and enhance your experience using the website.
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Marketing purposes.
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Users registration.
- Processing payments
- Internal record keeping and monitoring purposes.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We may share information with any third-party service provider who we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include process payments, sending email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Conveymoving will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Providing data about other people?
How do we obtain your consent?
By registering or completing details on our website for our service and providing us with personal information to communicate with you, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set forth in this policy. When you opt into any marketing, newsletter emails etc. you are also providing consent in accordance with this policy. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by sending us your request through the contact information or our support team.
How long do we keep your information?
Personal data will be kept for the time necessary for the provision of the services or if the user does not close his account or withdraw his consent. The user’s personal data will be deleted from our database immediately the user’s account is closed, or his consent withdrawn. We will keep your personal information whilst you use the services on our website. If you have applied for or purchased a product or services via the website we will need to keep your personal information for longer for accounting purposes – up to six (6) years following the date on which it is provided to us.
If you delete or ask us to delete your personal information it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Where is your information stored?
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data provided to Conveymoving:
- Request a copy of your personal data held- usually provided in electronic form and if more than one request is made, we have a right to charge for any additional requests.
- Request the correction of inaccurate data.
- Request its deletion and withdraw your consent- we will not be able to provide you with our services if such a request is made.
- Request limitation of the processing of your data.
- You have a right to opt out of any automated marketing and unsubscribe to our newsletter, offers etc.
- You have a right to accept or decline the cookies when using our website.
- You have a right to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Setting, on your computer or mobile internet settings.
- If you deem our processing of your personal data to not be accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s office website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Please write to or email us firstname.lastname@example.org Conveymoving, International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR if you wish to request a copy of your information or if you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can change, modify, rectify, and delete your Information at any time, please contact us through the contact information.
To opt-out of Conveymoving emails, follow the instructions included in the email. Your request should be processed within 48 hours. or correct or update the information, we hold about you.
Links to third parties on our website
What are “Cookies” and how do Conveymoving use them?
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’, ‘tool’, or ‘edit’ section. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies, including strictly necessary Cookies, you may not be able to access or use all or parts of the functionalities of the Conveymoving website. If you want to remove previously stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Conveymoving website from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
Conveymoving, International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled or you are not happy with the conclusion then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our ICO reference number is: ZA778876